Here is the solution if you’ve ever come across the problem that you exported the WordPress database, made all the modifications to the SQL file (search/replaced domain strings) for uploading it to a new domain / server / deploy the site / and found that now all your TEXT WIDGETS have gone missing :
- Do the DB dump (e.g. using phpMyAdmin) of the existing WP site
- Import the dump as-is and without any modifications! to your new location/database
- Download and unzip the following script :
- Upload that script into your new WP home folder – it’s not a plugin.
- Run the script on your new site by pointing your browser to it, for example
- Follow the directions.
- Delete the script from your new site after being done.
If you have WordPress installed into /home/wordpress/ and you run your blog from /home/wordpress/index.php you’d put the script into /wordpress/ and if you run the site from the root – such as from /home/index.php you can upload the script into home.